I am a Licensed Dietitian and provide Medical Nutrition Therapy. JA Nutrition Therapy is the private practice for Juleeanna Andreoni.
Adding me to your provider team may work well if:
- You are currently in treatment with a therapist to address Eating Disorders/Disordered Eating or weight loss dieting recovery
- You are working to address Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID)
- You would like support to address Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- You would like support to address Pre-Diabetes, Type 1/Type 2 Diabetes
I follow Health at Any Size a non-weight focused/non-diet approach and apply principles of Intuitive Eating when appropriate. Read more about treatment for recovery of eating disorders in the 2021 Association for Eating Disorders Medical Report here.
My focus is on eating disorder/disordered eating recovery (including weight loss diet recovery) as well as diabetes care. If you are looking to add me as the Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RDN) to your eating disorder treatment team, please be sure to read more about this under my Care Coordination page.
For clients with weight loss as a goal; a non-weight focused approach has advantages over traditional food restriction approaches or dieting. See more about a non weight focused approach on my Misinformation and Diet Culture page.
Our sessions would focus on:
- assessment of problem food behaviors
- assessment of problematic food ideas/thinking
- modification of daily self-care behaviors with food and activity
- tackling issues slowly over time, often with support of other treatment team members
- small steps that address problem food behaviors and not a quick fix
- moving away from any specific size or weight change focus as much as possible
- support to find a more satisfying relationship with food and body while addressing health needs
I have been working within clinics that provide care for eating disorder recovery at both GreenField Health as well as the Portland Dialectical Behavior Therapy Institute (PDBTI) Path to Mindful Eating program for the past ten years. I have also worked as a certified diabetes educator with experience in treating Type 1, Type 2, and Gestational Diabetes. To assist with IBS treatment, I recently completed the Monash University Certification program for Dietitians on IBS and FODMAPs.
I am a preferred provider for Regence BCBS, MODA, Cigna, Pacific Source and Kaiser insurance companies. I’m sorry but I don’t accept Medicare at this time.
Please read more here about insurance coverage. Tam Cotton of TLC Billing and Practice Management is the Office Manager for JA Nutrition Therapy. If you have questions about billing please check out her website.
Please reach out to me for a phone consultation to make sure I’m the right fit for you.
All sessions are done via telehealth Monday through Thursday from 9 AM – 5 PM.
Juleeanna Andreoni, MS, RDN – Licensed Dietitian
JA Nutrition Therapy
P.O. Box 82510
Portland, OR 97282